The Account Manager works with the Mojo Marketing Strategist on an assigned group of clients to create a positive client experience through excellent communication around the tactical execution of marketing deliverables.
The Account Manager is the day-to-day contact for their clients and serves as the liaison between the client and our internal delivery team to keep the train on the tracks and moving forward. The Account Manager organizes, plans and holds both the client and the Mojo team accountable for the successful delivery of work. The Account Manager must be able to spot roadblocks ahead of time and quickly create a plan to get around those roadblocks.
It’s key for the Account Manager to be skilled, even under pressure, at communicating clearly with compassion to clients and the Mojo team around expectations. The Account Manager helps us all stay on time and on or under budget.
- Communication and Relationships
- Develop strong relationships with your clients and the internal delivery teams
- Serve as a direct liaison between clients and internal delivery teams
- Manage client and internal delivery team expectations; don’t be afraid to have hard conversations
- Serve as the clients’ main point of contact; manage client communications such as weekly status emails, requests for review and approval of deliverables, information gathering, scheduling meetings, etc.
- Attend client meetings to document all deliverables, decisions, and next steps, goals, timelines, and expectations
- Project Coordination
- Manage process for new client on boardings, retainer engagements and client off boarding
- Create project plans and roadmap milestones to ensure all projects meet deadlines
- Serve as project coordinator and traffic coordinator for the deliverables as scoped in campaign briefs and project agreements
- Analyze and forecast internal delivery members capacity and anticipate resource needs
- Hold clients and our internal delivery team accountable for due dates
- Secure timely feedback and approvals from clients
- Pivot and rearrange tasks when needed to prevent roadblocks and keep tasks on schedule
- Ensure the internal delivery teams’ work meets client expectations
- Tools and Organization
- Maintain client data in our CRM (HubSpot) such as contact information, satisfactions levels, deals for upsells, etc.
- Maintain ClickUp, Mojo's project management system, for assigned clients to build timelines and tasks
- Maintain organization for client folders in shared Google drives
Character traits of a great Account Manager:
- Wildly curious
- Deadline driven
- Extremely personable
- Freakishly organized
- Creative problem-solver
- Consistently reliable
- Following and managing process and quality control should be your love language
- Strong and responsive written and verbal communicator
What You’ll Be Accountable For:
- Quality Task Management: Ensure deadlines are established, met as anticipated, while holding the client and Mojo team accountable
- Documentation and organization
- Client Happiness
The Successful Candidate:
- At least 1 year experience working in a client facing role as an account manager or project manager, preferably in an agency setting
- Ability to work successfully in a fast paced environment
- Proven track record of working with a project management system to organize and manage work. BONUS: Experience using ClickUp
- Isn’t afraid to have the hard conversations either with a client or internal team members in order to hold them accountable.
- Embodies the character traits listed above
ARE YOU A FIT FOR MOJO'S CULTURE?
We are a full-service digital marketing agency who believes in a simple formula:
Happy People = Happy Clients.
What makes Mojo special? Our people and our process. The agency was founded by a biochemist turned passionate marketer. It's why we love working in the space between the scientific and the creative. It shows in the people we hire — the most talented creators, scientists, developers, data nuts, marketers and all-around unicorns. The result is that we get to work with amazing clients who help us achieve our dreams, like becoming an Inc Best Place to Work in 2019, a HubSpot Diamond-Certified Partner and the DFW American Marketing Association (AMA) Marketer of the Year. Mojo has grown from humble beginnings as a small marketing shop, to one of the top 1% inbound marketing agencies in the country with offices in Dallas and Indianapolis.
At Mojo, benefits are foundational. We know that in today's competitive markets, top employers offer perks, which we have plenty of. Beyond that, Mojo stands on three pillars that we consider to round out our total compensation package — our values, our practice of being a Results Only Work Environment, and our open-book management process tied to our bonus program.
THE 3 PILLARS OF OUR CULTURE
See a comprehensive list of our benefits, read our past reviews, and check out our CEO approval rating on our Glassdoor profile — we're proud of it!